New Split-core Outdoor Rogowski coil CTs(JRF MOI Series) 2014 NOV
Conventional split-core outdoor Rogowski coil CTs have the inherent problem of coil inductance tolerance, requiring additional software coding at the smart meter or transformer monitor to match the CT’s output. This problem causes inconvenience and extra cost because of the additional set up and configuration time at the meter or monitor, as well as additional configuration time when changing the rated current or installing a distribution transformer at a later point. In addition, the conventional split core outdoor Rogowski coil CT accuracy is sensitive to magnetic fields.
In contrast, J&D’s new split-core outdoor Rogowski coil CTs, together with the built-in integrator, do not require change to both the meter or monitor and the CT, but rather only the CT according to the rated current. In addition to this important advantage, the JRF MOI is more accurate than conventional Rogowski coil CTs and resistant to external magnetic fields.
Advanced Benefits of the new CT compared to conventional Rogowski CTs:
- High accuracy with low-phase angle and linearity error due to the built-in integrator
- Low position error with precise winding on air-core
- Low interference against magnetic field with superb shielding
- Durable in harsh weather with cable ties to fix it at the conductor
- Easy and fast installation with light weight
Recently, KEPCO, KDN, one of Korea’s power utility sevice companies installed the JRF MOI series for a smart grid station in South Korea. This is just one of the successful business cases that have proved J&D’s high performance and quality technology.
New Advanced Split-core Outdoor CTs(JOS Series) 2014 NOV
Conventional split-core CTs with a magnetic core have limitations. They are vulnerable to external environmental factors that erode the core affecting electric parameters, which can result in overvoltage and surges. To avoid or lessen these problems, J&D has invented unique split-core outdoor CTs.
Advantages over conventional split-core CTs:
- Added gasket to prevent core erosion
- Superior housing for strong durability
- Low tolerance air-gap with an enhanced grinding of the cutting plane of the magnetic core
- Includes overvoltage and surge protection circuits
Nuri Telecom, one of the power utility service companies in South Korea, installed our JOS series for a prepaid smart meter solution in Ghana, West Africa. The solution was very successful, once again proving J&D’s high performance and quality technology.